"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority ... the Constitution was made to guard against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Noah Webster


"There is no worse tyranny than forcing a man to pay for what he does not want just because you think it would be good for him."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Muskrat Love

Do YOU remember Captain and Tennielle?  For those of you who may not know, they had a song that was popular when I was in high school; "Muskrat Love"  Kinda silly, but then, most popular songs are.

I've seen lots of critters in the wild and live at the zoo, but I'd never seen a real live muskrat until this summer.

There is a creek that runs along the road that goes from town up to our house on the mountain, and as we were passing one day, I thought I saw a beaver swimming in there, but it turned out to be a muskrat.  You can't really make it out in the picture because of the glare on the water, but it has a long, black, round tail, and the face is a bit nicer than most rats I've seen.

Still waiting to sight my first bear and hopefully take pictures of that event.

Yom Revi'i Tov  (Happy Wednesday)

Moshe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't make me disable comments because you couldn't maintain decorum and civil discourse. You can disagree all you want to, just don't get nasty.