"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority ... the Constitution was made to guard against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Noah Webster


"There is no worse tyranny than forcing a man to pay for what he does not want just because you think it would be good for him."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sorry For The Rain

I'm trying very hard for this to be an upbeat and positive place for you to visit.  I try to think of wonderful things to post on and would like to think that I contribute in a positive way to each and every life.  Some people who know me might beg to differ because I have this irresistable urge to tell someone they shouldn't play with stuff that might kill them.  I'm the pilot in the right seat who yanks the control away and yells, "My plane." when you are about to do something that might get us all killed.  So, you might think that I just like to shock you or make you feel uncomfortable just for kicks.  I like to go for thrill rides, but I really want to live.

I'm not a Pollyanna by any means.  I do know what is going on.  But today I worked very hard.  I get up at 05:00 and I take care of chickens and I do various chores to keep a farm going.  I don't expect anyone to just provide stuff for me.  I've read about the founders of the United States and I've been a student of the real history of this continent for quite some time now. I've been a Sub S chapter corporation.  I've hired and fired people.  I've been a laborer and a manager.  Once, way back in 1986, I collected unemployment benefits for eight weeks, and I hated and was ashamed of every day of it until I got hired at a dealership servicing cars.

So, when I read stuff like this,  I just have to go blow off steam for a  while and collect my thoughts and hope that I don't meet someone who has a world view that buys into the propaganda of "Hope and Change."

I will try to be in a better mood in a few hours.  Please forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't make me disable comments because you couldn't maintain decorum and civil discourse. You can disagree all you want to, just don't get nasty.